Re: [squid-users] Time-based oddity that I can't quite nail down...

From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh_at_gcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:12:43 +0000

Hi,

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009, Kurt Buff wrote:

> During the normal work out at my company, the squid proxy is
> reasonably responsive, and seems to work well. However, after roughly
> 5pm each day, through the night and all during the weekend, web browsing
> is very slow, with pages taking a very long time (30+ seconds, to
> sometimes minutes) to load.
>
> Does anyone have some suggestions on where I might start looking at
> this problem? I haven't found anything in the logs that I can detect
> as relevant. Stopping and starting squid makes no difference.

The first thing I'd be inclined to try is to connect directly, bypassing
squid and see does the problem go away. If it's quick to connect directly,
then squid is probably where the issue is. If you still see the delays
going direct then it's probably something else (eg high contention on your
link).

Gavin