[squid-users] Question about PURGE

From: John G. Moylan <John.Moylan_at_rte.ie>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 11:53:49 +0000

Hi,

I have an app which sends PURGE's to squid caches on demand or on
document changes. It testing this works fine and I am making PURGE
requests on document changes as part of a publish event. 200 or 404
network.

Hoe does squid execute the PURGE internally? Does it mark the object in
the cache to be PURGE'd the next time the object is requested or does it
remove as soon the item when the PURGE request is made? Will there be
situations when a PURGE requests might time out on a busy Squid? It is
advisable to have my publisher Queue up PURGE requests in a separate
thread or process?

Thanks,
John

copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that emails to, from and within RTÉ may be subject to the Freedom
of Information Act 1997 and may be liable to disclosure.