Re: [squid-users] squid not being rotated

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:06:33 +0100

On 09.11.09 04:47, goody goody wrote:
> i have observed that since a few days my squid cache logs are not being
> rotated even when i try to rotate through manual squid -k rotate command.
> so pls guide me how can i resolve this problem. i am runngind squid 2.7 on
> freebsd 7.

what is your logfile_rotate value? If it's 0, squid only reopens log files
and expects other program(s) to rotate them instead.

Can squid manipulate files in its logging directory?

See cache's logfile (set by cache_log) to see what happens when you issue
the rotate command...

A day without sunshine is like, night.