Re: [squid-users] User-Agent change

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:36:59 +1300

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:08:50 -0500, Eddys Diaz Cuesta
<eddy06017_at_cav.jovenclub.cu> wrote:
> How can i change user agent to all petitions passing by the proxy I
> setup for my small LAN. I want that, no matter what browser the users
> use to surf-the-web, it report mozilla firefox 2.x or some other.
>
> Please, I'm sorry for my bad English, I'm from Cuba and speak mainly in
> Spanish.
>
> Thanks in advance.

request_header_access (or header_access in Squid-2) and header_replace
options.
These require Squid to be built with --enable-http-violations so that it
can break HTTP protocol and change protocol information it's not really
allowed to touch.

Amos