RE: [squid-users] Tproxy4+squid: ebtables wiki

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:40:29 +1300

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:50:47 -0800 (PST), Marko Kotar
<kotarmarko_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a same problem on 2.6.27-7 modified by Cavium kernel.
> I patched with patches found on wt6 kernel or something(i've tried also
> with 2.6.26 and 2.6.25 patches)...

As per the squid wiki documentation. Kernel 2.6._28_ is the minimal kernel
with working TPROXYv4 support. The later ones up to 2.6.30 are preferable
due to various bug fixes in iptables handling.

The patches available for older kernels appear not to have received the
re-write which the final code got when audited by the netfilter kernel
people. Squid tproxy handling was significantly re-written to cope wit the
changes. I'm not surprised by any failures on patched kernels.

> I would really glad if someone gets a solution so we can use new kernel
> because old one with tproxy2 doest work on newer hardware.

Solution: use an even newer kernel.

Amos