Re: [squid-users] squid proxy - multiple outgoing IP addresses

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:07:52 +1300

Cameron Knowlton wrote:
> To clarify, I already have the application coded to round robin through a provided list of IP:port combinations, I simply need to get Squid to run on both local IPs.
>
> Supplying multiple http_port directives to Squid doesn't seem to do the trick:
>
> http_port 24.69.1.2:%PORT%
> http_port 24.69.1.3:%PORT%
>
> I only seem to get Squid to run on 24.69.1.2. :(

Some additional configuration is required:

  * an ACL to for each receiving port to match only traffic arriving at
that port.
  * tcp_outgoing_addr using those ACL to explicitly set the Squid
outbound IP on traffic arriving at a given port.

For example:

   http_port 1.2.3.4:3128 name=A
   http_port 1.2.3.5:3128 name=B

   acl fromA myportname A