Re: [squid-users] help on always_redirect

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:43:49 +1300

sqlcamel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in squid.conf:
>
> # TAG: always_direct
> # Usage: always_direct allow|deny [!]aclname ...
> #
> # Here you can use ACL elements to specify requests which should
> # ALWAYS be forwarded by Squid to the origin servers without using
> # any peers. For example, to always directly forward requests for
> # local servers ignoring any parents or siblings you may have use
> # something like:
> #
> # acl local-servers dstdomain my.domain.net
> # always_direct allow local-servers
>

> So, what's "origin servers" by definition in Squid?

The origin server of a website. The machine referenced in DNS with A or
AAAA records when the domain name is looked up.

> In reverse-proxy mode, does it mean the peers which have an originserver
> option?

No. It in reverse-proxy mode it means force non-reverse proxy DNS
handling and ignore all cache_peer settings in squid.conf.

> In normal proxy mode, does it mean a domain name's destination IP
> address? for examle, www.google.com's original server is 64.233.189.147.

Yes. It also means that same in all other modes.

Amos

--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14