RE: [squid-users] Configuration problems attempting to cache Google Earth/dynamic content

From: Mike Marchywka <marchywka_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:09:47 -0500

> Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:02:40 -0600
> To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: [squid-users] Configuration problems attempting to cache Google Earth/dynamic content
>
> I am trying to set up a server that is running SUSE SLES 11 as a Squid
> Proxy to help cache Google Earth content in a low-bandwidth
> environment. I have tried following the steps in this article:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreUrlRewrite?action=recall&rev=7
> but I am not having any luck with getting it to work. In fact, when I
> try those steps, Squid will automatically stop about 15 seconds after
> start. The system is running version 2.7 Stable, as installed by
> YAST.

Why does it stop? There should be some logs to check and if you invoke
it from the command line in foreground you can get quick feedback.
Do you want it to cache in contradiction to server response headers?

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen:112009v2