[squid-users] Quick question about squid serving images

From: NublaII Lists <nublaii.lists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:46:32 +0100

I have squid configured (working on it ;)) as a reverse proxy.

My understanding (and I can be wrong) is that once I request an image,
next requests for that image will not reach the web server in any way
until it expires, either manually or reaches end of life... is that
correct?

I am asking because I can see on my apache logs a ton of hits on
images that squid should be caching, and still arrive to the www
server, so either I don't have it configured properly or I don't
really understand how squid works on reverse proxy mode ;)

thank you all

Benja