[squid-users] Problem downloading ZIP file with Squid-3.0

From: Divan Booyens <divan_at_ipnoc.co.za>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:48:02 +0200

Hi,

I have upgraded my Linux CentOS 4.6 squid proxy servers from
Squid-2.6.STABLE6-4 to Squid-3.0.STABLE16-2. Since then I can not
download a certian ZIP file on the Oracle webserver ,my web browers just
hangs the whole time. I can however download large ZIP files from other
websites.
I dont see any errors in the squid logs or on my firewall.
When I remove squid from the server and I install Squid-2.6.STABLE6-4 it
can download the file again.

Could it be that the webserver is not compatible with ver3 of squid or
is there a certain setting in the config that I need to change.

Any ideas on what might cause this ?

Thanks

Divan Booyens