Re: [squid-users] rtsp on squid

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:11:41 +0100

On 21.11.09 03:46, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Squid is an HTTP proxy, so no.
>
> You need either NAT with RTSP support or an RTSP proxy for
> RTSP, if no direct connection is possible.
>
> RTSP tunneled over HTTP works via Squid however.

Note that there's no effect in tunneling RTSP over HTTP, except a bit more
"anonymity". The downsides are possible leaks if anything wrong happened to
the SQUID proxy or the machine it's running on.

Unles anyone implements RTSP to squid or any other proxy, it's useless to
use that proxy for RSTP.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.