RE: [squid-users] is it bad to constantly reload squid.conf

From: Mike Marchywka <marchywka_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 07:43:41 -0500

> Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 01:36:14 +1300
> From: squid
> CC: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] is it bad to constantly reload squid.conf
>
> Jeff Peng wrote:
>> You will 'squid -k reconfig' for reloading the new config file.
>> This is safe enough form what I checked in the sources years ago.
>> But if you reconfig it too frequently, I don't know the result.
>>
>> Regards.
>
> Squid will not accept new requests for the period it takes to reload the
> config, restart the helpers, and write the cache index to disk and read
> it back in again.
>
> Amos

I gues the question might be, " are there known of possible memory leaks
or other ways this could generate garbage?"

I use squid under cygwin and usually just stop/start with cygrunsrv .

Note: hotmail is now unusable for TEXT, I am moving to marchywka_at_gmail.com or also use
marchywka_at_yahoo.com. Thanks. NEVER USE HOTMAIL, EVER

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
415-264-8477 (w)<- use this
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka_at_hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen:112009v2