Re: [squid-users] "Quadruple" memory usage with squid

From: Linda Messerschmidt <linda.messerschmidt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:58:21 -0500

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> Log daemon is overdue for a patch to make it cap file size and auto-rotate
> when the cap is hit. If you are able to assist with that development you can
> then use the logging daemon instead of expensive log rotates by squid
> itself.

I think using a log daemon would be a great approach for us; that's
the "continuously available" solution we're looking for.

I found this:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logfile_daemon/

But is there an example anywhere of how it's configured/used or what
the formats involved look like?

I don't think it's something I'm personally able to assist with (I am
the opposite of a C compiler -- I only parse the comments :-) ), but I
can ask around internally.

Thanks!