Re: [squid-users] how to block file uploads with squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:51:22 +1300

serfer wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I want to block email attachments upload from intranet to internet. My
> requirement is that no user can send email attachments from/to yahoo,
> hotmail, gmail etc. I have RHEL-5 and squid 2.7. I have applied the
> undermentioned ACL but it in vain
> ACL is
>
> acl fileupload req_mime_type -i ^multipart/form-data$
> http_access deny fileupload.
>
> Waiting for ur valuable reply

Depends entirely on where in the config you placed those lines.

Very likely the browser sends it as application/x-www-form-urlencoded
files instead. Or even some other mime type related to the file itself,
depends on how the attach is done.

Also, likely that the mime type has additional parameters in the header.
In which case the ^ and $ are preventing a match.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15