RE: [squid-users] Squid HTTP Headers

From: Jason Hodges <jhodges_at_pocket.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:46:12 -0600

Today we are paying another company to proxy for our users. They use a
commercial product to accomplish the http header injection.
Unfortunately they charge us a ridiculous amount of money to do what
seems like a simple job.

The header injection needs to occur at the server/gateway/proxy.
Cookies will not work for this.

I understand the x-msisdn header to be common in the "mobile world". It
is used to identify a subscriber in order to bill them without having to
ask them who they are.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep em comin'.

Regards,
Jason P Hodges
Senior Network and Systems Architect

Pocket Communications