Re: Fwd: Re: [squid-users] squid3.0 STABLE16 cpu load again

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 01:57:18 +0100

ons 2009-11-25 klockan 18:01 +0300 skrev fedorischev:

> This behavior is typical for one client - he is always downloading something
> from file sharing services e.g. rapidshare etc. In this example FDs
> 23,38,57,67 are occupied by him. I think (correct me if not right), that
> processed 1 byte for each call. Is this a bug, or, maybe something else ? Why
> Squid don't use block-read & write to avoid syscalls overhead ?

Smells like a bug to me.

Next time you see the problem can you pleae run
"squid -k debug; sleep 1; squid -k debug"
to collect a detailed debug log of what Squid is doing to those fds..

and then file a bug report and attach the data there. warning: You may
want to censor it a bit first as there may be user passwords and other
sensitive material.. Alternatively if you trust me then deposit the
debug trace at ftp://ftp.squid-cache.se/incoming/ and drop me an email.