RE: [squid-users] Need help with insert code into html body

From: Mike Marchywka <marchywka_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:14:36 -0500

[ lol, hotmail seems to insist on non-text email
which the squid list sanely rejected  I guess the
setting is specific to a given machine since I had
changed it before]

> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Need help with insert code into html body
>
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Mike Marchywka <marchywka_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> How does compressin work? I thought someone said you could compress
>> results in some squid versions?
>
> The official squid doesn't do that compression, it's maybe other
> organization's release, or with an external module.
> You could modify the source and implement that, go on, nobody will blame you.

Well, adzapper may be a better example then. Presumably the adzapper logic could get the target url and modify it. Right now it just replaces it with a generated image saying "zapped."

Note: while waiting for firefox on windoze to stop doing vm and echo even 1 of my last 50 keystrokes, I retyped this message on a debian machine with no hesitations or swearing required to get it to respond. IT looks like the
other machine finally came back but it doesn't matter now. In any case, editing may be a bit bad as I transition to something that doesn't need a supercomputer to type text. Hotmail won't run on my mom's Dell desktop without hanging every few messages either. arrggghh.