RE: [squid-users] squid crashes by itself and reboots automatically

From: Mike Marchywka <marchywka_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 18:49:42 -0500

> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 00:24:38 +0100
> From: gkinkie_at_gmail.com
> To: ragheb_at_smartelecom.org
> CC: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] squid crashes by itself and reboots automatically
>
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Ragheb Rustom wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have multiple servers running squid 2.7-stable7. Lately I have noticed
>> that most of these servers are crashing sometimes everyday creating a core
>> dump file and then after creating the file restart by itself. After reading
>> the core file with gdb and doing a backtrace I got the following info. Can
>> anyone please help me identify what is going on with these squid servers.
>> You help is very valuable.
>
> Is there anything in cache.log? Possibly just the few lines before the restart.

the default config file seems good about logging stuff.
Was that sparse stack trace typical or just the first
one you had? The only sig that was obvious was strcmp-
if it was blowing up there you either had pathological strings or memory corruption or timing issue etc.
Not too informative until you at least know if it is
a consistent failure point.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009