Re: [squid-users] Using MySQL for ips acl and urls

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 11:00:30 +1300

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:36:38 +0100, José Illescas Pérez <jip_at_jccm.es>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm interesed in install squid for my organization.
>
> I want to configure large acl's of ip lists, 20.000 more o less.
>
> Can I use external acl with MySQL for create this acl ip list?. What's
> the performance in this case?.
>
> I want to configure large acl of url lists in MySQL too, for example a
> blacklist with categories. What's the performance in this case?.
>
> Perhaps, is more convenient use squidguard for blacklist of urls and
> create the group categories. Any ideas?.
>
> Greetings.

Individual IPs with individual blocklists? this is extremely inefficient.

If you must, you can easily use external_acl_type to pull details from
mysql during live traffic processing. Speed depends on the query efficiency
and network lag to mysql server.

If you find that too slow look at ufdbGuard.

Amos