RE: [squid-users] Problem with squid corrupting page layout

From: Mike Marchywka <marchywka_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 06:53:23 -0500

> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:20:22 +0800
> From: gzdrk_at_hotmail.com
> To: pulpfictionstore_at_gmail.com
> CC: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Problem with squid corrupting page layout
>
> Marisa Giancarla :
>> I am trying to set up squid-3 for my caching proxy and I am having
>> trouble with the pages returned missing their graphics and other layout
>> elements being rendered in odd ways. Everything else seems to be running
>> fine, but this reformatting of web pages is a fly in the ointment to
>> this project. Can someone give me some suggestions on where to go to fix
>> this problem?
>>

> what squid version?
> And a copy of your squid.conf here is helpful much.

It may also help if you can more clearly state what appears to be wrong. Is it picking up wrong style sheets
or appear to be formatting for wrong user agent etc.
You might be able to use something like wget to get
each secondary script or css directly or through squid
and see if they differ. I'm not sure off a decent desktop
browser however that gives diagnostic messages
about what it is doing to render a page. It may be of
interest to readers here if anyone knows of something
like this  ( or an open source browser which could be
recompiled with diagnostic messages).

> --
> Regards,
> Yonghua Peng

Windows Live Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/hotmail_bl1/hotmail_bl1.aspx?ocid=PID23879::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-ww:WM_IMHM_1:092009