[squid-users] Squid delay pool question

From: mikewest09 <if0xy0_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:00:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I've installed Squid 3 on our server (connected to a 100 Mbps connection)
which contains our website and Squid. Now what I hope to do in order to
avoid having the bandwidth sucked by one user, is that limit the bandwidth
usage under Squid so that at any given time a user can download/use a
maximum of 15 MB with the speed 100 Mbps, after which the speed drop
automatically for this specific user to 10 Mbps

I've read that this can be done using delay pools, although after reading
few articles I can't figure out till now which 'class' (i.e. 1 or 2 or 3) to
apply for the delay pool I am going to setup and what will be the best way
to write the delay pool rule in order to apply the above limitation

So can someone here please help me and show me how I can write the delay
pool(s) necessary to apply the limitations mentioned above?

Another question, will the limitation I plan to do here using delay pools
affect the normal bandwidth of our website?

P.S. I am not experienced in networks

Thanks in advance for your time