[squid-users] Squid as an alternative to EZProxy (i.e. access of IP-based content outside the intranet)

From: Robert Schenck <robschenck416_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:59:15 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to configure Squid as a proxy server so that clients can
access IP-based journal subscriptions that we have here, from home.
They would do this by first connecting to our VPN (thus connecting to
the intranet), and then connected to the proxy server that's within
the intranet, which would then connect to the various journal
subscriptions that we have. So:

Client --> Internet --> VPN --> Our Intranet --> Proxy /w Squid --> Journal

I tried doing this with Apache and it proved to be rather complicated
and messy, so I'm turning to Squid. I have never used Squid (and only
as of recently Apache)...but I did go through basic config of the
squid.conf file, and have it up and running. I'm just unsure exactly
what to do now, and I couldn't find any guides specific to my needs.
Could anyone give me a general idea of what to do? And note that I do
not want to take advantage of any of the caching abilities of Squid.

Thanks very much.