[squid-users] squid ceasing to function when interface goes down

From: <tyler_at_marieval.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 09:58:45 -0700

I'm using squid with a parent that's over a VPN. This VPN occasionally
times out or goes down; I'm having difficulty deducing which, but
theoretically my scripts should reboot it whenever the VPN goes up so I
suspect the former.

The end result is that my downstream squid occasionally decides to
return nothing but 404's ever again until manually restarted. I'm
having to watch it like a hawk and can't keep that up all Christmas. If
it would just reopen the interface on its own, all would be well. Is
there any way to make it deal with this condition gracefully instead of
flipping out?