Re: [squid-users] squid ceasing to function when interface goes down

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:02:56 +1300

tyler_at_marieval.com wrote:

> [...]

Two things to try:

  1) server_persistent_connections off. This should prevent Squid using
any connections to the parent which are possibly hung.

  2) Make sure ICMP is built in and going so Squid can actively measure
the network link to the parent. This is a simpler up-detection
replacement for ICP which you have disabled by using "no-query".

If you are willing to participate in a small experiment. Would you mind
updating that Squid to the 3.1 beta?
That will also give you access to the cache_peer connect-fail-limit=N
configuration option which reduces the time to detect down links to N
instead of 10.

Amos

--
Please be using