Re: [squid-users] Squid at 100% CPU with 10 minutes period

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 00:24:48 +1300

fedorischev wrote:
> В сообщении от Monday 07 December 2009 13:00:22 Amos Jeffries написал(а):
>> fedorischev wrote:
>>> Several days ago I find, that Squid3.0STABLE16 eating CPU time by HTTP
>>> method CONNECT while request is hitting delay pool. I'm looking for the
>>> spare time to post more debugging info on the list.
>>>
>>> WBR.
>> Please try 3.0.STABLE20 and confirm that the problem still exists.
>> There are a few hang and infinite loop errors resolved since *16. Some
>> rather nasty remote DDoS security issues as well.
>>
>> Amos
>
> OK, thank you for tip. I'll try to use 3.0STABLE20 & post the results on the
> list immediately. Now I'm looking for the linux http downloader software,
> that may using CONNECT - for squid testing purposes. Unfortunately - no
> results as yet :)
>
> WBR.

I have not tested this, but from a quick check of the code its should work:

   squidclient -m CONNECT -P file host:port

If you create a fake HTTP request and store the request headers in
"file" the above should send a CONNECT request for "host:port" to Squid
then pass the contents of "file" through the tunnel same as a downloader
would.

The only difference from a regular CONNECT is that squidclient will add
a Content-Length: header which do not usually go on CONNECT requests due
to their unpredictable nature.

Amos

--
Please be using