[squid-users] RAID stripes sizes...

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:29:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I was just wondering if squid has a prefered RAID stripe size; as in the smaller/bigger the better...
I did not find it in the squid RAID wiki...
If I understand it correctly, the smaller the RAID stripe, the more disks involved in a file read/write (file is spread on more disks).
I see the pros (more disks, more bandwidth) and the cons (too many concurrent seeks).
So, from experience, in a reverse proxy setup, which one is the best option?

Thx,
JD