Re: [squid-users] TCP_Denied for when requesting IP as URL over SSL using squid proxy server.

From: kevin band <kdband_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:19:54 +0000

I've managed to get this working, but I'm not happy because in doing
so I've created a different issue.

My problems all started a few weeks ago when I was trying to tighten
up the rules.
Basically we have two squid proxy servers which are supposed to
contain the same configuration.
I noticed that on one of the servers, there was an extra rule that
wasn't there on the other :-

    http_access allow CONNECT SSL_ports

The net effect of this rule was that anyone requesting any URL via
https would be allowed through the squid proxy server regardless of
the settings in my whitelist files.

I've now put this rule back in place and I now can get to the
63.130.82.113 address using https.
The problem is that I can now get to any URL via https, even though I
have rules in place which are supposed to only allow access to the
websites that I have put into my whitelist files.

Is this a bug in the way squid is handling the CONNECT method?

Any suggestions as to how I can tighten things up again but still
allow through the 63.130.82.113 request via https? As I've said
before the rules work OK for http.