[squid-users] Don't use ICP at all, don't ask, don't request, do nothing with ICP?

From: Dale Mahalko <dmahalko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:50:03 -0600

Our organization uses a centralized ISP 8e6 R3000 proxy that provides
us with CIPA compliance.

Because I don't have access to the ISP's 8e6 log files for our site, I
have been using squid 2.7 STABLE3 as a proxy log / cache for the 8e6
box.

It appears that the latest upgrade of the ISP's 8e6 R3000, installed
yesterday, does not support ICP at all. Before I was able to get squid
to work with the default port of 3130 even though the ISP would not
officially confirm to me that ICP was supported. But now I get
continuous "TCP connection failed" messages with the new R3000 update.

It appears that I cannot stop Squid from making any sort of ICP
request of the parent?

This does not work:
icp_port 0
cache_peer proxy.foo.com parent 8760 0 originserver no-query
no-digest no-netdb-exchange

Also very strange, but when a page access is attempted through the
now-nonfunctional squid cache, a "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" Apache
server default-install page pops up in place of root page access to
any website. For example, http://www.google.com/ comes up looking
like that. The squid's host OS is Ubuntu, and there is no Apache web
server or www directory on the server.

I have looked carefully through the config file and I do not know
where it is pulling up that Red Hat apache webserver page from.