Re: [squid-users] 'gprof squid squid.gmon' only shows the initial configuration functions

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:17:51 +1300

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:57:52 -0800, Guy Bashkansky <guybas_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> Is there an oprofile version for FreeBSD? I thought it is limited to
> Linux. On FreeBSD I tried pmcstat, but it gives an initialization
> error.
>
> My version of Squid is old and customized (so I can't upgrade) and may

Have you had a look at the customizations and seen if they are now handled
by built-in features? There were a great many Squid-2.3 thru Squid-2.5
custom patches merged into mainline for 2.6+.

If the customization is still missing and actually all that useful we'd be
interested in hearing about it.

> not have builtin timers. Since what version did they appear?

Way prior to 2.5.STABLE1 sometime.

Amos