Re: [squid-users] RE: Reverse proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:55:15 +1300

Wayne.Smith_at_artscouncil.org.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've set up Squid as a reverse proxy. I want to use it to direct requests to
> multiple web servers.
>
> I used the example config to set this up, which in my case becomes
>
> cache_peer 192.168.7.51 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=web1
> cache_peer_domain web1 www.mydomain.co.uk
>
> cache_peer 192.168.7.52 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=web2
> cache_peer_domain web2 wordpress.mydomain.co.uk
>
> This worked, in that the front page displayed, but clicking any links that
> then had a ? in the url caused an invalid request message to be generated by
> squid.
>
> I then tried using acl to do it, but with no success.
>
> Any advice help \ appreciated...

By itself that config looks usable. Assuming the domain names
www.mydomain.co.uk and wordpress.mydomain.co.uk are the ones you want
to provide through Squid. (Though "TagNames Limited" may have some
objection to that use of their trademark domains).

There is something else going on. I suspect you either have omitted the
http_port settings or have NAT involved somewhere from following an old
Squid-2.5 accelerator config.

Or maybe the web browser / client app is in fact broken and sending
invalid requests.

Amos

--
Please be using