Re: [squid-users] ACL ordering in squid.conf

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:42:41 +0100

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Dayo Adewunmi <contactdayo_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Kinkie wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Dayo Adewunmi <contactdayo_at_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there needs to be any consideration that needs to be
>>> taken
>>> when it comes to ordering ACLs. My first block is a group of ACLs
>>> determining
>>> access to various sites. The block after that (further down the file) are
>>> the ACLs for
>>> the delay pools.
>>>

>> In short, yes.
>>
>> See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Bypass
>>

> So, you're saying I need to put the URLs access ACLs *after* the delay pool
> ACLs
> or else the delay ACLs won't be processed?

Er.. no.
http_access and delay_access are two entirely unrelated domains.
http_access clauses are evaluated, and if the result is "go ahead"
processing starts.
Stuff happens, and then once download starts, delay_access clauses are
evaluated to define if the request belongs to a bandwidth pool and to
which one.
The article I pointed you to is more generic, and it is about how ACLs
are matched in any given class and some consequences of ACL matching
design

--
    /kinkie