[squid-users] When using POST with authentication, I recieve 504 instead of a reply

From: Dan Peretz <dperetz_at_interwise.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:05:19 +0200

Hi all,
First of all, I'm using Version 2.6.STABLE6.

I'm trying to perform a POST command using curl (C++). When I'm using a
regular PROXY without authentication everything works fine and I receive
the answer I expect. when I'm using authentication, the POST command
doesn't succeed and I receive 504 (when I looked with Wireshark, it
looks like it doesn't recognize the POST command although I see the
packet as a not-standard package). Another symptom is that when I'm
looking with Wireshark on the proxy itself, I see the incoming POST
command but I don't see the query packet (The incoming packet is not
identified by Wireshark as HTTP packet but as "TCP segment of
reassembled PDU"). I see the POST command outgoing message as regular
HTTP packet, but the query is not attached to it.

Configuration:
Firewall - None.

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/passwd

   Client <--> Proxy <-->
Server
192.168.13.13 <--> 192.168.1.2 <--> 172.16.250.133

Thanks,
Dan