Re: [squid-users] php auth crashing squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:28:41 +1300

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:38:50 -0800 (PST), John Peterson
<johnp125_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a php auth file that works fine from command line and works also
in
> squid, however sometime during the night or so squid stops working. Can
you
> tell me why this may be happening thanks for all your help.

a) someone hitting a failure in the PHP.

b) PHP lifetime timeout.
  I've hit this in a few helpers using PHP. The lifetime timeouts for PHP
get hit when there are long periods with no data IO. you need to set the
php-cli.ini with long read lifetimes and the override the stdin read
timeouts in the script itself. PHP4.x and early 5.x were not very reliable
about which of the two methods worked.

Amos