Re: [squid-users] How to make squid work for name based virtual web sites?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:34:56 +1300

fulan Peng wrote:
> Thank you, Amos!
>
> I read that Wiki many times and tried many times. It seems some web
> sites refuse to be proxied. Probably they had a look of the user agent
> from the header. When they found the agent is not Netscape nor
> Firefox, they kick Squid out.

Huh? Squid leaves the clients web browser User-Agent in the headers.

> I know wget can trick the web server by using -U option, like -U
> Mozalla. Can you tell me how Squid trick the web server to change the
> request header user agent to Mozalla?
>
> Varnish and nginx all failed with that web site. wget is ok to
> download the whole web site with options -U. Netscape and Firefox have
> no problem to browse it.
>
> Thank you!

Wait up. The question you asked below was how to _do_ virtual hosting.
I answered your question.

What you are now describing is that you have a regular proxy wanting
help accessing a regular website. This is in no way virtual-hosting related.

Please start again, with exact details of what your real problem is. No
more guessing please.

Amos

--
Please be using