[squid-users] cache kernel: Limiting open port RST response from xxx to 50 packets/sec

From: Humberto Rodríguez <humberto_at_ceniai.inf.cu>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:18:02 -0500

Hello:

I have some issues with different versions of squid servers on FreeBSD
(different versions too). they had been running without any problem, but
now I am receiving this kind of message "Limiting open port RST response
from xxx to 50 packets/sec". After some messages the performance of the
servers decrease suddenly until lose their network connections. I have
received commets of some downloader that might cause this behavior, for
example, FlashGet.

This is my sysctl.conf

net.inet.tcp.msl=7500
net.inet.tcp.blackhole=2
net.inet.udp.blackhole=1
net.inet.icmp.icmplim=50 ; It is the limit shown on message
kern.ipc.somaxconn=32768

Best Regards. Thanks in advance,
Humberto