Re: [squid-users] Re: How to configure squid for ftp traffic.

From: Dieter Bloms <squid_at_bloms.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:50:01 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 22, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 08.12.09 14:30, Ali Ahsan wrote:
> > Does forx provide authentication against ldap.Like we use in squid user
> > must authenticate before using proxy.
>
> the FTP protocol does not support proxying, so you can't use proxy
> authentication. You only can use external authentication there.

that is not really true, because you can provide the information in a
regular ftp session like:

Username: proxyusername_at_ftpserverusername@externalftpserver
Password: proxypass_at_ftpserverpass

The proxy suite is able to authenticate against an ldap server.

Please have a look at: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/proxy-suite/src/

--
Gruß
  Dieter