Re: [squid-users] cache post response with squid rev proxy configuration

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:39:24 +0100

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Matteo Campanella <matteo_at_matcam.net> wrote:
> Hello, I have a squid reverse proxy in front of a website to improve
> performance. Now, in addition to classical static content I would like to
> cache GET and POST results of some statistical services implemented in terms
> of jsp pages so that I can minimize the load on my servers. I have
> discovered that this is quite easy to be achieved with the GET responses,
> but the same cannot be said for the POST responses that I have not been able
> to get cached.
>

> Any hint or howto reference to cache POST responses in reverse proxy
> configuration?

As far as I can tell it can't be done. POST is explicitly designated
as non-cacheable by the HTTP specification.
Client-driven (AJAX) workarounds can be designed to obtain the same
result, but nothing can be done on the POST result itself (well,
except rewriting parts of squid to explicitly break the standard, but
that'd have to be application-specific).

--
    /kinkie