Re: [squid-users] solaris 10 process size problem

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:33:29 +0100

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Mario Garcia Ortiz <mariog_at_absi.be> wrote:
> Hello
> i have used all the internet resources available and I still can't
> find a definitive solution to this problem.
> we have a squid running on a solaris 10 server. everything run
> smoothly except that the process size grows constantly and it reaches
> 4GB yesterday after which the process crashed; this is the output from
> the log:
> FATAL: xcalloc: Unable to allocate 1 blocks of 4194304 bytes!

[...]

> i am eagestly looking forward for your help

It seems like you're being hit by a memory leak, or there are some
serious configuration problems.
How often does this happen, and how much load is there on the system?
(in hits per second or minute, please)

Going 64-bit for squid isn't going to solve things, at most it will
delay the crash but it may cause further problems to the system
stability.

Please see http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting for hints
on how to proceed.

--