Re: [squid-users] 2 cache_dir on the same squid server ?

From: Jefferson Diego <jeffersondiego8_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 14:39:50 -0200

Em 27-12-2009 14:17, Hung Nguyen escreveu:
> hello folks,
> Can I specify 2 cache_dir directives for one squid server? I meant two
> cache_dir on 2 different disk to avoid disk failure ?
> Thanks!

Yes, you can. You can specify how many cache_dir's you want, each in the
same partition, or in different partition or even in a different drive.
But, it will not avoid problems if you have a disk failure. If the squid
process try to write in a cache_dir, and this is not available (imagine
that your drive is down, due to a failure), it will crash...
But why are you worried about a failure? Are your disks failling?