[squid-users] Streaming Media from ABC.com CBS.com etc...

From: Kevin Brooks <kevin.brooks_at_mntc.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:33:00 -0600

Hello everyone,

I'm sure this is an oversight on my part, but for the life of me I cannot get "Full Episodes" to play from any of the major network sites. I can stream media from everywhere else (Netflix, YouTube, shoutcast, etc...). In an effort to troubleshoot this I have set up a bare minimum install of Squid 3.0 Stable 18 and configured a bare bones squid.conf.

(This is the complete squid.conf used for testing only)
http_port 3128
cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16
acl HTTP proto HTTP
always_direct allow HTTP
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access allow localnet
coredump_dir /var/spool/squid

With this configuration I can get as far as watching the "Commercial Ad" portion of any of the sites, but the actually episodes never play (On any of the network sites). Again, I'm sure this is something simple, but I've been searching for an answer for going on a couple weeks now, and am finally breaking down and asking for help.

I'm using a Windows machine to access the Squid Box and I'm using IE. Any help would be appreciated. I'd be more than happy to read through any FAQ/Guide/etc.. that pertains to this issue, but I have had no luck finding anything pertaining to this problem.

Thanks,

Kevin