Re: [squid-users] Forced caching?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 03:52:31 +1300

Roland Roland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two questions hope you guys can help me out with...
>
> 1. is there a way to force caching of dynamic content? such as facebook.com

Dynamic content is not much different from any other content.
Except ... the old default config for Squid forced non-caching for it.
You probably want to turn that off.
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent

Facebook is rather specific in it's non-cachability:
    http://redbot.org/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F

They specify that all data is:
  - "private" == cannot be stored by Squid, a 'shared' cache.
  - "no-store" == cannot legally be stored on any disk media.
  - "no-cache" == cannot legally be stored in temporary form by Internet
caches.
  - "Pragma: no-cache" == old form repeating the above just in case the
proxy was a bit old.
  - Expires: mid 1997.

> 2. how can I prolong caching time for certain domains ?

Convince the domain owner that its a good thing to do.

> thanks in advance,
>

> merry belated Christmas and happy new year

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15