RE: [squid-users] report of subdomains

From: Mike Marchywka <marchywka_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 08:16:33 -0500

> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 00:06:41 -0300
> To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: [squid-users] report of subdomains
>
> Hi people: anyone knows of a log analizer (like sarg) that joins the
> subdomains in the reports, so you can know how much is consumed by
> domain? without this is impossible to know how much is transferred in
> rapidshare, facebook, etc.

I've never heard of a log analyzer per se . What standard things
would it do? Generally I start exploring and have to code ad hoc
stuff  with sed, awk, and grep in a bash script or maybe use perl.
Somone may have a collection of scripts to share., that is
all I have ever used. I guess you could get a DB import
tool and then use whatever report generators exist, that seems
to be a popular approach these days.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/