Re: [squid-users] Expires Header

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:19:22 -0900

Dusten Splan wrote:
> Thanks for the response Chris but I don't think that is was I'm
> looking for. What I would like to do is overwrite the expires header
> to something far in the future. I am also running squid 3.0.
>
> Thanks
> Dusten

Ah. For 3.0 you will want to use reply_header_access
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/reply_header_access/) and
header_replace.

Something like...

acl myPeer peername acellerated.host.mine
reply_header_access deny Expires myPeer
header_replace Expires Sat, 1 Jan 2011 00:00:00 GMT

...should replace the expires header for all responses from your
accelerated host. At least I think you can use a peername ACL with
reply_header_access.

Chris