RE: [squid-users] Forward Cache not working

From: Mike Makowski <mikem_at_btslink.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:09:05 -0600

Here is my basic config. Using defaults for everything else.

acl localnet src 172.16.0.0/12
http_access allow local_net
maximum_object_size 25 MB

Here is a log entry showing one connection from a LAN user through the
proxy. I am guessing that the TCP_MISS is significant. Perhaps the
original source is marked as Private as Chris suggested. Don't really know
how to even tell that though. Can squid be forced to cache regardless of
source settings?

1262645523.217 305633 172.17.0.152 TCP_MISS/200 11674081 GET
http://www.sortmonster.net/master/Updates/test.xyz - DIRECT/74.205.4.93
application/x-sortmonster 1262645523.464 122

Mike