[squid-users] Squid url_rewrite and cookie

From: Rajesh Nair <rajesh.nair.in_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:10:36 +0530

Hi,

I have a squid deployed with a url_rewrite_program set to a perl
script which rewrites certain requests.
This is all working fine .

I now want to be able to set a cookie along with the 302 response and
I am not able to figure out how.

Reading the docs , it looks like it is not possible to send "any" HTTP
response header from the url_rewriter program and the url_rewriter
merely can return the redirected URI.
Is this correct?

Is there a way for me to set a cookie from squid?
I am even ready to modify the squid code to achieve this since no
other solution will work for us.

Any pointers to the code area which sends the redirect response back
to client will also help.

Thanks,
Rajesh