[squid-users] Time out problems in squid 3.0Stable 20

From: Asim Ahmed _at_ Folio3 <_at_>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 15:27:41 +0500

Hi,

I am running Squid Cache: Version 3.0.STABLE20 on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga). A few users complain that some time
requests to remote client servers that take around 15-20 minutes
(legitimate and expected time) are timed out when going through squid.
How can I configure squid to allow such long requests.
second, some of my users are working on a product that connects to
google stores and updates an android sdk toolkit on port 80. When they
go without squid they connect fine but using squid they simply fail to
connect and "Connection reset" message is displayed. I am unable to
figure out why it is not connecting through squid. Even using squid they
can ping / telnet to that site on that URL. But application simply
refuses connection. Applicatoin has explicit proxy settings but no luck.
can anybody help?

--
Regards,
Asim Ahmed Khan