Re: [squid-users] show orgin client's IP address.

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:37:23 -0900

Calvin Park wrote:
> Hello Squid users~
>
> My system configuration below.
>
> | Apache ( Origin ) | <---> | Squid ( Transparent Proxy or Proxy )
> | <---> | Client |
>
> I want to see client's IP address at Apache side.
>
> I knew one solution using by SQUID : follow_x_forwarded_for

follow_x_forwarded for is used if you have a parent proxy that needs to
evaluate ACLs based on the original client IP. It has nothing to do
with setting and passing the X-Forwarded-For header.

> , APACHE
> : "%{X-Forwarded-For}i\"
>
> I want to show real client's IP at Apache log not modify Apache's configuration.
>
> Is that possible ?

See the TPROXY feature page
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4). It *might* work in a
reverse proxy configuration. Your best bet (and the one supported by
the RFCs is to change your Apache configuration).

Chris