Re: [squid-users] RE: Squid Question?

From: Jason Healy <jhealy_at_logn.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:09:33 -0500

I'd like to pile on with a log question of my own...

Now that I'm running multi-instance I've got some parent servers in the mix. I'm getting a lot of lines like:

... TCP_MISS/200 1494 GET http://example.com - CD_PARENT_HIT/backend-bravo ...

(for many different URLs)

So, is that a MISS, or a HIT? My guess is that the cache digest said it was a hit, but when we actually fetched it, it ended up being a MISS (stale, outdated, etc), but I'm not sure.

Additionally, I get:

... TCP_MISS/200 2895 GET http://example.com - PARENT_HIT/backend-charlie ...

Is that the same, just with a UDP query instead of a cache digest? Again, is it a HIT or a MISS?

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Healy    |    jhealy@logn.net    |   http://www.logn.net/