[squid-users] No /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid after power restore

From: Landy Landy <landysaccount_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:58:33 -0800 (PST)

Hello.

I just want to share with the list something I experienced earlier this week. I have installed squid 3. stable 20 on Lenny. I had a power outage, when power was restored I didn't have anything in /usr/local/squid/sbin/. Since I had squid built and compiled and didn't delete the source directory I did a make install and that installed /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid.

I found this very unusual that had to share it with you. Never heard of anything similar and don't know why it the squid executable was deleted...