Re: [squid-users] RE: Squid Question?

From: Johann Terblanche <jterblanche_at_ebisafrica.co.za>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:35:03 +0200

Hi Kinkie

I've looked deeper into my https issue with squid.

IE7 seems to work fine with Dansguardian and Squid.
Mozilla 3.5.7 seems to have problems to configure with ads auth

I have bypassed Dansguardian and connected directly to squid on port
3128
and it still does the same which tells me that I have something in my
squid configured incorrect with SSL connections.

OS Ubuntu 9
Squid 2.7

acl SSL_ports port 443 # https
acl SSL_ports port 563 # snews
acl SSL_ports port 873 # rsync
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

Mozilla is also tricky with ftp sites unless I add the username and
password to into the url.

Kind Regards
Johann Terblanche
Product Manager / IT Support

ebis {e-business infrastructure solutions (Pty) Ltd}
82B Schooner St, Pabalego Factories
Laser Park, Honeydew
Johannesburg
South Africa
2070
PH: +27 (0)11 794 8301
FAX: +27 (0)86 604 1260
Cell: +27 (0)84 325 5674
<mailto:jterblanche_at_ebisafrica.co.za>
Web site: <www.ebisafrica.co.za>